The Illinois Capitol Forum on America's Future is a year-long civic education opportunity, raises international awareness and promotes informed civic exchange among high school students statewide.
Prior to the Forum that took place on April 11, 2013 at the Illinois State University's Bone Student Center, students from nine schools examined case studies concerning freedom of expression, right to health, international justice, rights of children and military intervention for human rights. These schools chose delegates to represent them at the Forum.
The delegates deliberated these case studies, met with various guest experts, engaged in a human rights simulation, and designed a final outreach project that was completed by students in their classrooms.
There are 39 images in this gallery
Last updated: Tue, 07/16/2013 - 9:28am
- This round of Illinois Capitol Forum student delegate representatives are seen deliberating case studies examined in their classrooms during the school year, meeting with various guest experts, engaging in a human rights simulation, and designing a final outreach project that was completed by students in their classrooms.
Most photos by Linda Spencer, Illinois State University History Department.
The group photo was taken by Deb Fox at Illinois State University.
There are 36 images in this gallery
Last updated: Tue, 07/10/2012 - 4:39pm
- Delegates present and defend their "Future" direction for U.S. foreign policy on the Illinois House floor.
There are 20 images in this gallery
Last updated: Thu, 04/15/2010 - 9:46am
- Delegates plan their defense of an assigned "Future" prior to the afternoon debate on the floor of the House of Representatives.
There are 25 images in this gallery
Last updated: Thu, 04/15/2010 - 10:08am
- Delegates particpating in the "Illinois Capitol Forum on America's Future"
There are 7 images in this gallery
Last updated: Wed, 04/14/2010 - 3:19pm
- Capitol Forum gets underway as delegates deliberate major issues facing U.S. foreign policy -- human rights/genocide, nuclear proliferation, global economy, immigration, environment, and more.
There are 6 images in this gallery
Last updated: Tue, 03/17/2009 - 4:42pm