From "Quinn confirms plan to close 14 IL facilities" by KFVS
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn laid out a pretty grim budget Wednesday afternoon. His plan includes closing 59 state facilities, from prisons to offices of the Department of Human Services. "Today, our rendezvous with reality has arrived," said Gov. Quinn during his speech....Quinn officially announced his proposal to close 14 major state facilities, including two prisons.
Questions for Consideration
How will the Governor's plan to close state facilities affect you? What are the pros and cons of the budget plan? What are possible alternatives to Quinn's plan? Where do you stand on Quinn's controversial plans to close Tamms and Dwight Correctional facilities?
Want to learn more?
- Disagreement over prison closur plans
- Tamms closure plan playing poorly
- The State Budget 2013; State Facilities Including Singer Center and Dept. Corrections on the Chopping Block
- Quinn's speech vague on major Illinois budget problems
- Tightening Belts Means Loosening Restraints: Illinois to Close Supermax Prisons
- Could Quinn's Budget Address Draws Praise, Ire From Both Sides Of The Aisle