- Other Resources
"I enjoyed interacting with other students and hearing the different views of people from around the state." --Capitol Forum participant
In addition to the Choices Program at Brown University, here are some suggested resources for the various topics undertaken by Capitol Forum students each year.I. GenocideWebsites:Books:
Download this guide containing mulitple resources for Genocide Studies --from activists organizaiton to videos, and more.II. Human RightsWebsites:Books:
- Gellately, Robert and Ben Kiernan, eds. The Specter of Genocide: Mass Murder in Historical Perspective. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Goldhagen, Daniel. Worse Than War: Genocide, Eliminationism, and the Ongoing Assault on Humanity. New York: Public Affairs, 2009.
- Hatzfeld, Jean. Machete Season: The Killers in Rwanda Speak. New York: Picador, 2003.
- Kiernan, Ben. Blood and Soil: A World History of Genocide and Extermination from Sparta to Darfur. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2007.
- Ung, Loung. First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers. New York: Harper Perennial, 2001.
- National Coming Out of the Shadows Month
- "Egypt’s Fractured Revolution Two Years On"
- Muslim Women Lawyers for Human Rights: "Muslim women lawyers aim to reconcile traditional beliefs with secular society"
- United Nations History Project
- Half the Sky Movement
- Kony 2012
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- Imigrant Youth Justice League
- Dream Activist
III. Violence and Sexual ExploitationUseful Tools & Facts:
- Kristof, Nicholas and WuDunn, Sheryl. Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide. Knopf; 1 edition September 8, 2009.
- Pallares, Amalia and Flores-González, Nilda, eds. ¡Marcha! Latino Chicago and the Immigrant Rights Movement. University of Illinois Press 2010.
- Educator's Guide: A collection of curricula to aid in ending violence and exploitation
- High School Educator Toolkit: Ending Sexual Exploitation
- Guide: Demand Change: 100 Steps for Ending Exploitation
- Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation (CAASE): Fact Sheets About Issues CAASE Addresses